Assistants Officials Workshop
The club are arranging an Assistant Officials Workshop on May 31st at 5.30pm in the Wooden Gym at Grangemouth Stadium. This is free but you will be expected to use your new skills at club matches or Grangemouth OGM's.
This award offers an introduction to officiating at a Track & Field or Sportshall competition and covers the basics in all disciplines. You will learn the specific judging principles of throws, jumps, track judging, timekeeping and starting. The course is designed to enable you to work within a team to develop key skills and a basic understanding of the fundamental rules of officiating.
This course is delivered in both theoretical and practical elements covering:-
- The responsibilities and role of an Assistant Official
- How to measure and record times and distances
- Communicating with athletes and other officials
- Ensuring safety and reporting concerns
- Following procedures and applying basic rules
If you are interested please complete this very short form